Date:      Tue, 27 Jun 2006 07:29:28 -0400
From:      Paul Chvostek <paul+fbsd@it.ca>
To:        Kelsey Cummings <kgc@corp.sonic.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dual DVI, PCI-Express, xorg and FreeBSD

On Mon, Jun 26, 2006 at 10:35:14AM -0700, Kelsey Cummings wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a PCI Express graphics card with functional dual DVI
> output on FreeBSD for use with X to drive a pair of 1600x1200 displays?  I
> don't care at all about 3d performance.  Just something that works.

I just got a cheap MSI card:

http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=NX7600GS-T2D256E&class=vga

Works fine on a pair of 1600x1200 LCDs with either of the nvidia drivers
available (default or from ports).  I'm not using its TV-out or any of
the crazy nvidia options, but the card definitely works.

$154 Cdn.  You can probably find it cheaper South of the border.

  Paul Chvostek                                             <paul@it.ca>
  it.canada                                            http://www.it.ca/