Date:      Tue, 30 Jul 2019 01:30:59 +0200
From:      Jan Beich <jbeich@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Willem Jan Withagen \(Nefos\)" <wjw@nefos.nl>
Cc:        "ports\@freebsd.org" <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Using Boost 1.7.0 and trying to get boost_python

"Willem Jan Withagen (Nefos)" <wjw@nefos.nl> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get Ceph to build with Boost 1.70 but have limitted success.
> First I needed to fight with static and shared libs, got that to work a bit.
>
> But now it also fails on
> |find_package( Boost COMPONENTS python REQUIRED )
> or
> ||find_package( Boost COMPONENTS python3 REQUIRED )
> or
> ||find_package( Boost COMPONENTS python36 REQUIRED )

Outside of ports only fully-qualified component name (e.g., python27,
python36) are supported with Boost >= 1.67. As FreeBSD Ports never used
distribution-specific suffixes with Boost < 1.67 the CMake package is
patched to *deterministically* translate "python" component to
"pythonXY" according to USES=python.

> -- Found Boost 1.70.0 at /usr/local/lib/cmake/Boost-1.70.0
> --   Requested configuration: QUIET REQUIRED COMPONENTS python
> -- BoostConfig: find_package(boost_headers 1.70.0 EXACT CONFIG
> REQUIRED QUIET HINTS /usr/local/lib/cmake)
> -- BoostConfig: find_package(boost_python 1.70.0 EXACT CONFIG REQUIRED
> QUIET HINTS /usr/local/lib/cmake)
> CMake Error at /usr/local/lib/cmake/Boost-1.70.0/BoostConfig.cmake:95
> (find_package):
>   Could not find a package configuration file provided by "boost_python"
>   (requested version 1.70.0) with any of the following names:
>
>     boost_pythonConfig.cmake
>     boost_python-config.cmake
>
>   Add the installation prefix of "boost_python" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
>   "boost_python_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files.  If
>   "boost_python" provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it
>   has been installed.
> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>   /usr/local/lib/cmake/Boost-1.70.0/BoostConfig.cmake:124
> (boost_find_dependency)
>   cmake/modules/FindBoost.cmake:264 (find_package)
>   CMakeLists.txt:654 (find_package)

I can't reproduce. Can you share minimal CMakeLists.txt?

> But I cannot find anything resembling:
> ||    boost_pythonConfig.cmake
>     boost_python-config.cmake

Check /usr/local/share/cmake/Modules/FindBoost.cmake defines Boost_NO_BOOST_CMAKE.
Native CMake integration is currently disabled due to bugs.