Date:      Mon, 31 Jan 2000 11:27:38 -0800
From:      Parag Patel <parag@cgt.com>
To:        Panagiotis Astithas <past@netmode.ntua.gr>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help with PCMCIA ether card

>Try editing your /etc/pccard.conf, and inserting the following:
>card "PCMCIA" "FastEtherCard"
>	config 0x7 "ed0" ?
>	insert  echo PCMCIA FastEtherCard inserted
>	insert /etc/pccard_ether ed0
>        remove  echo PCMCIA FastEtherCard removed
>	remove /sbin/ifconfig ed0 delete
>
>If that doesn't work, try changing the "?" to every available irq (10 is a
>good candidate). I find it strange that every configuration index is 0x7 but
>perhaps it is normal.
>
>I hope this helps.

Thanks, but unfortunately that didn't work either.  I even went through
trying a bunch of numbers instead of the 0x07 as well.

After trying a bunch of permutations including the above, I finally gave
up, exchanged (upgraded) the card for a 3Com Megahertz 574B.  It isn't
quite supported under 3.4 althouth I did make it work (ep0 didn't pick
up the correct MAC addr but the bogus one it came up with still worked).
But I upgraded the laptop to 4.0-CURRENT and it's quite happy now, with
the correct MAC addr.

For all I know, the Edimax card itself may have been bad.

Thanks anyway!

	-- Parag