Date:      Thu, 7 Dec 1995 13:52:23 +0500
From:      Jerry.Kendall@vmicls.com (Jerry Kendall)
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        sjonker@klg.com
Subject:   Diskless systems

I am having some problem with setting up a diskless system.

I have the bootptab and tftpboot stuff all setup ok, BUT, whenever
it tried to mount it's remote root filesystem, it failed.

I started to look at the /etc/exports file and the /var/log/messages file
and spotted some errors.

The diskless systems name is pc4.
It's swap should be on 'antares:/diskless/swapfs/swap.<ip>'
It's root should be on 'antares:/diskless/rootfs/pc4'

/etc/exports is below:
----
/  altair.kcis.com
/diskless/swapfs -maproot=0:0 deneb.kcis.com
/diskless/rootfs/pc4 -maproot=0:0 deneb.kcis.com
----

AND

/var/log/messages file get this:
----
.... mountd[78]: Can't change attributes for /diskless/rootfs/pc4.
.... mountd[78]: Bad exports list line /diskless/rootfs/pc4
----

I tried removing ' -maproot=0:0 deneb.kcis.com' from both lines aswell as only
single lines. It still got the same message info.

The permissions for /diskless are 777
The permissions for /diskless/* are 777

Any help would be good.

Jerry