Date:      Wed, 3 Sep 1997 22:56:02 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Khetan Gajjar <khetan@chain.iafrica.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Netscape 4.02b7 and RAM problem

Hi.

I've noticed a rather curious problem. Netscape 4.02b7 worked
fine when my machine had 32MB of RAM in it. No problems,
it loaded up fine. I am referring to the FreeBSD-native version
of the Communicator, of course.

Today I upgraded to 64MB of RAM, and as soon as I did, Netscape 4.02b7
wouldn't load unless I removed the license query in preferences.js

Just thought you'd find this interesting. Just a increase in RAM
resulted in the problem(s) that everyone's discussing in both
this forum and hackers (there the program appears to load, but nothing
appears - it just takes up CPU and RAM).

I'm running 2.2-STABLE as of Mon Aug 11, on a DTK 82430HX-based board
(a GMB-P55IPS). The machine (now) has 64MB of EDO RAM, 512KB
cache, IDE hdd's and a WD7000 (driving a NEC SCSI CD-drive). Oh yes,
a Cyrix P-150+ processor overclocked to 166.

---
Khetan Gajjar                    | khetan@iafrica.com or khetan@os.org.za
http://chain.iafrica.com/~khetan | PGP : finger khetan@chain.iafrica.com
UUNET Internet Africa Support    | FreeBSD enthusiast-www2.za.freebsd.org
MOTD : BSD code is terrible. Of course, everything else is worse.