Date:      Tue, 5 Dec 2000 01:45:42 -0800
From:      "Heredity Choice" <stork@QNET.COM>
To:        "Tim McMillen" <timcm@umich.edu>, "Alfred Perlstein" <bright@wintelcom.net>
Cc:        "Matt Bedynek" <mbedynek@pdq.net>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD Cluster

Sprite is an offspring of BSD designed as a distributed operating system. It
works over a LAN, with process migration to processors not in use. It was
developed by John Ousterhout and others at the CSRG, Berkeley. Sadly it has
not been maintained for about 6 years and needs porting to modern hardware.

Rumor has it that the Linux with outstanding clustering ability is
Turbolinux. Somebody better qualified than I am might like to try cloning to
FreeBSD the clustering architecture of Turbolinux.

Paul Smith