Date:      Fri, 6 Feb 1998 10:00:17 +0200 (EET)
From:      Calin Andrian <calin@ibd.dbio.ro>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Powering off the system/UPS

Hi Walter and Mike !

I followed all your mail about how to patch the kernel. I seems that the
solution that would satisfy (more or less) everybody would be an extra
list for at_shutdown where both apm and ups drivers can insert callbacks.
(the way I patched my system's kernel - haha).

Mike mentioned ordering the lists. Isn't it too much ? It would mean
defining some kind of priority levels, and a lot of do and don't's for
calling at_shutdown.

Walter, please send me a snapshot of your work, either as attachment or to
ftp://ftp.dbio.ro/incoming . I'd like to rewrite my driver but I want to
see what you expect from thie kind of driver (ioctls and others). I will
go with your design as it seems (from what you say) the most advanced.

Regards,
Calin