Date:      Tue, 17 Apr 2007 13:07:48 +0100
From:      Jonathan Laventhol <jonathan.laventhol@imagination.com>
To:        freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bluetooth questions

Hi --

 > Is there a bluetooth device and software that is able to track my
 > movement (cellphone) within a room in real time, for example if my
 > cellphones bluetooth is switched on and i am walking around a room can
 > the bluetooth device on my computer detect that i am in a different
 > position as i walk around (can it measure the distance of where i am
 > from the computer and can it handle multiple cellphones)

I don't believe you can do this terribly easily with
Bluetooth but perhaps you'd like to look at this
project with similar goals:

http://events.ccc.de/congress/2006/Sputnik

It worked pretty well.  It doesn't use triangulation
of timing like GPS, it works on signal strengths and
so is a bit approximate.

Regards,
Jonathan.
  Imagination Limited
  Registered in England and Wales with
  Company Registration Number 1442096

  Registered Office:
  25 Store Street South Crescent, London WC1E 7BL, England
  Tel +44 (0)20 7323 3300  Fax +44 (0)20 7323 5801