Date:      Thu, 16 May 2002 18:41:47 +0100
From:      void <float@firedrake.org>
To:        O Senhor <osenhor@uol.com.br>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: postfix

On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 03:08:17PM -0300, O Senhor wrote:
>    Do you know about performance in postfix? I have on FreeBSD (4.5) box
> running postfix and delivering mail in 65.000 mailboxes... I know about
> maildirs... but, how maildir would help me??? The postfix delivery agent
> simply can't do the jog. This is because a lot of entries???

Please don't cross-post between hackers and questions.  Also, please
don't start a new thread by responding to a message in an unrelated
thread.

You don't provide nearly enough information to tell why your system is
underperforming.  It could be a tuning issue, or your system may simply
have not enough RAM or (more likely) not enough I/O bandwidth.

I recommend that you contact the postfix-users mailing list.  The people
there give good Postfix tuning advice.  The list is closed so you'll
have to subscribe before you can post.

  http://www.postfix.org/lists.html

When you post there, you should describe your hardware, including CPU
speed, how much RAM you have, and the number, type and layout of your
disks.  If you've made any significant changes to the default Postfix
config, describe them; if you haven't, tell the list that you haven't.
Good luck.

--
 Ben

"An art scene of delight