Date:      Tue, 27 Aug 2002 05:11:42 -0400
From:      Dylan Carlson <absinthe@pobox.com>
To:        Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>, freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Wrong size windows for Swing app (problem)

On Monday 26 August 2002 10:37pm, Jonathon McKitrick wrote:
> This could be something simple.  Almost every Swing app I run on my
> windowmanager, FluxBox, based on BlackBox, the window comes up either far
> too small or almost minimized.  Any idea what this could be?
>
> Is this a Swing problem or more likely a WM problem?

It's a WM problem.  I run FluxBox too, I occasionally have the same issues.
You will also note that it's almost impossible to resize Java windows
sometimes.  I suspect that it has to do with the window border size.

Here's my workaround for the latter issue -- use tabs.  Size up another app
window the size you want your Java app window ... drag the tab for your Java
app over to that (use your 3rd mouse button) ... and it will inherit the size
of the app you drag it to.

Cheers,
--
Dylan Carlson [absinthe@pobox.com]