Date:      Sun, 9 Mar 1997 15:09:08 -0800 (PST)
From:      Alex Belits <abelits@phobos.illtel.denver.co.us>
To:        InTeRmELt <mkarne19-2@idt.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Win95 Networking

On Sun, 9 Mar 1997, InTeRmELt wrote:

> here is a little more info, i have the network cards set up and have a
> internet connection on my win 95 machine. i want to be able to access
> the win 95 machine and be able to go on the i-net with the freebsd
> machine. i have tried everything but nothing works. Or i can put the
> modem min the FreeBSD system if need be.

  1. Use FreeBSD box to connect to the ISP, windows95 isn't a system for
routers or proxies.
  2. PPP setup is explained in FAQ and handbook.
  3. If you have multiple IP addresses, use FreeBSD as a router, if not,
better use it as a proxy.
  4. Everything else and all the above things are in documentation.

--
Alex