Date:      Tue, 18 Jan 2000 10:56:35 +0100 (CET)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@dorifer.heim3.tu-clausthal.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: USB question

David Heller <dheller1@rochester.rr.com> wrote in list.freebsd-questions:
 > I reconfigured my kernel to support USB (I simply added the relevant
 > lines from the LINT file in the config directory) recompiled and
 > installed the kernel. However the kernel when booting does not seem to
 > recognize that I have an onboard controller.

Which version of FreeBSD are you using?  (Why do people always
forget to mention this in the first place?!?)

Is the USB controller enabled in the BIOS setup?

Please send us your kernel config file, and `dmesg` output.

Regards
   Oliver

--
Oliver Fromme, Leibnizstr. 18/61, 38678 Clausthal, Germany

"In jedem Stück Kohle wartet ein Diamant auf seine Geburt"
                                         (Terry Pratchett)