Date:      Thu, 1 Jul 2010 12:07:51 +0200
From:      Christer Solskogen <christer.solskogen@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Upgrading without building and without freebsd-update

I've got two FreeBSD machines on two different networks(and two
different locations). One of them is as fast machine (i7-920) while
the other one is a Intel Atom. How can I build on the fast machine and
use those binaries on the slow one, without mounting /usr/obj using
nfs? first I was thinking about creating a dump file on the fast
machine and extract that on the slow, but that wont work on a
filesystem that is already populated. Would a tarfile work? (how about
/libexec/ld-elf.so.1?)

--
chs,