Date:      Wed, 2 Aug 2000 22:36:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@nwlink.com>
To:        Gill <jamgill@UU.NET>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: closet homoeroticism in -STABLE?!?

On Wed, 2 Aug 2000, Gill wrote:

> such an attention-getting subject, i should write for weekly world news.

I concur. You are a moron. I did get a little bit deeper into your
message, however.

To answer your question.

Add three users all with the same password. You will see that the shadow
password is different for all three. (If memory serves) There is something
in that whole crypto deal called salt. (If memory serves) The details are
up to you.

Perhaps when you wrote that you thought you were being clever. I doubt
any list in BSD land would enjoy that humor. -stable stays pretty serious.
Please refrain from such cleverness in the future.

Thank you,
Jason C. Wells