Date:      Tue, 09 Nov 1999 16:51:22 +0100
From:      "Istvan A. Fulop" <ifulop@interware.hu>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   possible email conflicts while virtual hosting

--------------A9393094E455846927352BC6

Hello,

I have a question about the possibility of email-address conflicts in
case of a server hosting multiple domains. Consider a server hosting two
domains, one called domain1.com and an other one called domain2.com,
possibly using non-IP based domain resolving (as far as apache goes; I
am not sure if this matters or not in case of the mail), and both the
owners of these would want to have an email such as sales@...
(sales@domain1.com and sales@domain2.com).

I would like to know if this results in problems or these emails can be
directed to mailboxes (and possibly to users) called "sales.domain1" and
"sales.domain2". Also, does having an IP number for each domain have any
influence on this?

I am kind of new to these issues so I may not see the oblivious, but I'd
appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance,

Istvan

--

"He took my stapler..." - Milton, Office Space
http://web.interware.hu/ifulop

begin:vcard
n:Fulop;Istvan
x-mozilla-html:TRUE