Date:      Fri, 7 Apr 2006 14:40:16 -0400
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@math.missouri.edu>
Cc:        Elod Kironsky <kironsky@grisoft.cz>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Openoffice port missing?

--huq684BweRXVnRxX

On Fri, Apr 07, 2006 at 11:40:16AM -0500, Stephen Montgomery-Smith wrote:
> Elod Kironsky wrote:
> >Hi!
> >
> >Does anyone know why was the openoffice.org port removed from=20
> >ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-7-current/Latest?=
=20
> >Before a week or so it was there.

If it's not there, then whichever version you are looking for was not
buildable on the last package build.  oo.o is "fragile" in the sense
that it depends on many ports, the failure of any of which will
prevent it from building.  Recently that has been due to java
upheaval.  It looks like the current build may succeed, so check back
in a few days.

> It is in ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-7-current/=
All
>=20
> This port has a "NO_LATEST_LINK" flag set.
>=20
> (I myself find the NO_LATEST_LINK also to be a bit of an inconvenience -=
=20
> perhaps there is a better way to resolve the issue which it is trying to=
=20
> resolve, viz duplicate latest links.)

Naturally there is, viz LATEST_LINK.

Kris