Date:      Tue, 11 Jun 2002 10:57:26 +0930 (CST)
From:      "Wilkinson,Alex" <Alex.Wilkinson@dsto.defence.gov.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:    sendmail && fetchmail [advice]

Howdy,

Can I have people's advice here.

I have a standalone workstation that dials up to Internode thus gets a dynamic ip.

I want to use fetchmail to retrieve my mail from Internode's POP3 server and then to
deliver mail to my local sendmail server. Then I can use Mutt or pine to read it.

The problem.

1. I am not 'currently' wanting to run a mail server.
2. I have not got a domain name
3. I do not have a static IP address.

When the system boots sendmail times out trying to resolve my host name ( at least that's what
I think).

At the moment I am using a private ip ie 10.0.0.2.

With all of the above taken into account, what advice as would people give to make
sendmail and fetchmail work together.

OR alternative ways to do this ?

Thanks

 - Alex