Date:      Thu, 31 Jan 2002 18:53:18 -0800 (PST)
From:      k Macy <kip_macy@yahoo.com>
To:        obrien@FreeBSD.ORG, arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: KSE milestone 3 reached.

> > Apparently my attempts to trick Kip Macy into
> taking over gdb
> > maintainership have yet to ripen. :)

I'm still here. I misinterpreted
your not responding to my questions about GNU
paperwork. Anyway, I will have an updated version of
freebsd-uthread.c this weekend that has additional
fixes for a detach and resume bug that I hit. At some
point I'd also like to start looking at Greg Lehey's
bug (1849- shared libraries) as I hit it just recently

myself, so it would appear that the move to ELF hasn't
done anything for that, and stepping through a
threaded
processes that has queued signals can have it ending
up off in la-la land (99% cpu usage -
noninterruptible).

As I alluded to a few minutes ago, we really need to
come up with extensions to the ptrace interface before

we even think about taking procfs out.