Date:      Sat, 19 Feb 2000 17:52:29 +1100
From:      "Matthew Jarrett" <matthew@fl.net.au>
To:        "questions freebsd" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   compiling kernel and upgrading etc

Hi,

I am just upgrading to the latest code of FreeBSD 3.4 Stable, and am getting
a few errors.  I have previously upgraded to Stable on this same machine
about 4 times, and this is the 5th time I  am about to do.

What I am getting is the below:

pandora:/usr/src/sys/compile/PANDORA% make
vpo.o: In function `vpoattach':
vpo.o(.text+0x10f): undefined reference to `cam_simq_alloc'
vpo.o(.text+0x134): undefined reference to `cam_sim_alloc'
vpo.o(.text+0x144): undefined reference to `cam_simq_free'
vpo.o(.text+0x152): undefined reference to `xpt_bus_register'
vpo.o(.text+0x16e): undefined reference to `xpt_create_path'
vpo.o(.text+0x18d): undefined reference to `xpt_bus_deregister'
vpo.o(.text+0x197): undefined reference to `cam_sim_free'
vpo.o: In function `vpo_action':
vpo.o(.text+0x4b5): undefined reference to `xpt_done'
*** Error code 1

Stop.

This occurs _after_ doing a cvsup and then doing a 'make buildworld' in
/usr/src/ and a config 'PANDORA' in /usr/src/sys/i386/conf and then doing a
'make depend'.

I've tried removing:

/usr/src/sys/dev/ppbus/*

And then re-cvsupping and going through the normal stuff, but same error
occurs.  Have also tried removing all of /usr/src/sys/compile/PANDORA but it
still comes up and gives the same error again.

The machine is an AMD K62-350 with 64 MB SDRAM.  All the components are good
quality, and very similiar to what we already run BSD on at work.  It has
worked with ALL previous upgrades to STABLE of 3.4 but just not with this
one.

Would anyone have any ideas whats going on or how to fix it?  Also, if this
question isn't relevant for this mailserver, my apologies, and please let me
know where I can post this to so as to obtain some assistance.

Many thanks,

Matthew.