Date:      Mon, 15 Oct 2001 08:34:12 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Conrad Sabatier <conrads@home.com>
To:        Doug Denault <doug@safeport.com>
Cc:        Freebsd-Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, Chris Huisman <chuisman@telusplanet.com>
Subject:   Re: xdm problems: urgent

On 15-Oct-2001 Doug Denault wrote:
> Probably not. I did not mean the reply to be short (or worse). I am not
> sure I understood what was going on. Still don't. I took his post to mean
> he had lost the keyboard in which case.... If not between us he should
> have gotten what he needed.
>
> If I offended you, I apologize. I am here to learn, get help, and help if
> I can.

No, no offense.  :-)

My reply was based on my experience a long time ago trying to do the same
thing, running xdm out of rc.local or something similar.  I later realized
that the simplest way to do it was out of /etc/ttys.

When I attempted to run xdm from a script, I would sometimes get the
locked-up keyboard behavior he described in his post, which was why I
suggested he try setting it up to start the other way.

Hope that clears up any misunderstandings.

Take care,

Conrad

--
Conrad Sabatier <conrads@home.com>

The District of Columbia has a law forbidding you to exert pressure on
a balloon and thereby cause a whistling sound on the streets.