Date:      Sat, 08 Nov 2008 02:30:59 +0100
From:      martinko <gamato@users.sf.net>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DPI wrongly calculated and set in X11 (7.?)

martinko wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> I've just realised that my DPI in X11 is not what it used to be.
> I've had DisplaySize defined in xorg.conf and DPI had been correctly
> calculated until one of the latest X.org updates.  I'm not sure which
> version of X.org broke this because I also have Xft.dpi in ~/.Xdefaults
> and all applications I've used looked OK.  And just now I've noticed
> that my X11 dimensions and resolution has changed.  And I can see in
> Xorg.0.log that it reads my setting but calculates wrong DPIs and later
> even changes it to even worse.  I suspect one of 7.x is culprit here.
> Does anyone know how to remedy this please ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Martin

Hi, it may be useful to mention the video card is Radeon Mobility 9600,
X.org is the latest from ports, FreeBSD is 6.4-PRERELEASE and excerpts
from /var/log/Xorg.0.log follows:

(II) RADEON(0): Panel Size from BIOS: 1680x1050
[...]
(II) RADEON(0): Added native panel mode: 1680x1050
[...]
(II) RADEON(0): Output LVDS using initial mode 1680x1050
after xf86InitialConfiguration
(**) RADEON(0): Display dimensions: (330, 206) mm
(**) RADEON(0): DPI set to (129, 147)
[...]
(II) RADEON(0): Setting screen physical size to 444 x 277