Date:      Wed, 8 Jun 2016 18:58:32 +0800
From:      Bill Yuan <bycn82@gmail.com>
To:        "Andrey V. Elsukov" <ae@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Ian Smith <smithi@nimnet.asn.au>, Julian Elischer <julian@freebsd.org>,  freebsd-ipfw <freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org>, Lev Serebryakov <lev@freebsd.org>,  "Alexander V. Chernikov" <melifaro@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: IPFW: more "orthogonal? state operations, push into 11?

In my opinion,

keep-state == "if this kind of packet come again, we are going to perform
the current action"
check-state == "did we met this kind of packet before? Yes! then perform
that action"

so in DragonflyBSD, below commands are implemented to manipulate the
"states"

     ipfw3 state show [rulenum]
     ipfw3 state add rule rulenum proto src:port dst:port [state-options]
     ipfw3 state delete rulenum