Date:      11 Jan 2000 01:10:17 -0500
From:      vogelke@c17mis.region2.wpafb.af.mil
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        Brian.Tuley@wpafb.af.mil
Subject:   NCR 53c875 SCSI controller card

Greetings:

I noticed on the FreeBSD donor page that an NCR 53c875 SCSI card was
donated for use with your "builder" server, and that it's used with a 9-Gb
IBM SCSI drive.

We're trying to install FreeBSD-3.4 RELEASE on a Pentium PC with three IBM
18-Gb drives (UltraStar 18ES, model DNES-318350), but sysinstall can't find
the drive.  I think it's because we're using an Adaptec AAA-130U2 series
card, and from what I've read, there are no FreeBSD drivers for that.

The Adaptec 2940UW is mentioned in the Handbook as well.  Do you have any
recommendations for a controller card, or any other configuration advice?
Are the users of the "builder" host using the NCR card mentioned, and if
so, are they happy with it?

--
Karl Vogel
ASC/YCOA, Wright-Patterson AFB, OH 45433, USA

No one is interested in my underpants.
                                  --written on blackboard by Bart Simpson