Date:      Wed, 13 Jun 2001 10:58:31 -0700
From:      David Johnson <djohnson@acuson.com>
To:        Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: installation doesn't work right with X and Netscape

Sue Blake wrote:

> ...you will be a lot more productive if you let
> an expert set up the system for you and begin your learning after that,
> with their guidance.

Very true! Here at work we use Solaris in the engineering department. A
lot of new people come in totally in fear of this thing called Unix. But
the IT department preinstalls it on the workstations, and does all
maintenance and configuration. All the user has to do is sit down and
log in. The new user loses their fear in about a day, and in about a
month they begin to realize that *anything* can be done under Unix if
they just put the pieces together right.

David