Date:      Tue, 17 Oct 1995 16:05:51 -0500
From:      Mark Tinguely <tinguely@plains.nodak.edu>
To:        freebsd-bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   yppasswdd -m problems

 the NIS password daemon (yppasswdd) in FreeBSD 2.0.5-RELEASE does not work
 correctly when the password database file is not /etc/master.passwd.

 when started as:
	yppasswdd -m /var/yp/master.passwd
 we have the following problems:

	1) still need an account entry in /etc/master.passwd for user on NIS
	   server.
	2) the /etc/master.passwd password must be the same as
	   /var/yp/master.passwd on the NIS server to change the password
	   on the client.

 I do not want these users in the /etc/master.passwd of the NIS server, that is
 the whole reason for not using the /etc/master.passwd as the NIS password. I
 would change the problem, but I could not the sources to yppasswdd.

--mark.