Date:      Fri, 1 Nov 2019 10:40:52 +0100
From:      "Ireneusz Pluta/wp.pl" <ipluta@wp.pl>
To:        "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg@tristatelogic.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-perl@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help wanted: Install of p5-JSON-Parse removes Perl ???

W dniu 2019-11-01 o 04:07, Ronald F. Guilmette pisze:
> I have work
> to do and now my Perl interpreter has disappeared.  Was it somehow my
> fault?  Was I bad?  I have tried to lead a good life, up until now anyway.
> I have been kind to animals and small children.  So what have I done wrong
> that has caused my Perl interpreter to be disappeared on me for no
> apparently good reason?

If you really depend on Perl, don't use the "system" one, that is likely to be messed up with the
pkg dependency hell.

Use your own perl. Consider https://perlbrew.pl/ for managing it.

Once you swith to it, use the:
#!/usr/bin/env perl
shebang in your perl scripts (not something like #!/usr/local/bin/perl)