Date:      Mon, 29 Oct 2001 21:14:55 -0600
From:      "Mario Doria" <madd@tecdigital.net>
To:        <cjclark@alum.mit.edu>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Strange INETD behaviour

I think it's solved! :)

Thanks for your help. Because ofthe error message, I deleted /etc/services
and installed again via mergemaster. Voila!, it started to work again. I did
not check permissions on /etc/services before deleting it, but I'm sure it
had the FTP entry because it's a fresh 4.4-RELASE install.

This problem was weird alright, but thanks for all of you who answered my
mail

Mario Doria