Date:      Mon, 15 Jan 2001 15:52:05 -0500
From:      "Robert Myers" <ccrider@whiterose.net>
To:        "'Thorsten Trampisch'" <thorsten@trampisch.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: NetGear FA312 NIC

> I have a NetGear FA312 NIC. Until 4.1-RELEASE it was not
> supported by FreeBSD.
> Now under 4.2-RELEASE it will be detected as sis0.
>
> It set up the network and everything seems fine. The sis0
> device is locally
> pingable. But I cannot ping the other side of the network.
>
> Is the FA312 supported or not or am I doing something wrong?
> I spent hours on trying to bring it up.
>
> I would be glad, if anyone could help me with this problem.

Thorsten,

	I searched back through the archives, a post from the 18th of December
states that the
312 is not supported under FreeBSD.  You could always score a 310 and try
that, that is
on the hardware list, and if it works, then you have your answer.  The post
indicates the 310's
are only 20 bux.

Robert Myers
Systems Administrator