Date:      Fri, 8 Nov 2002 14:56:56 -0800 (PST)
From:      Linh Pham <lplist@closedsrc.org>
To:        Arjan van Leeuwen <avleeuwen@piwebs.com>
Cc:        advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NVidia's FreeBSD drivers

On 2002-11-08, Arjan van Leeuwen scribbled:

# nVidia released their closed-source, 3D accelerated FreeBSD drivers for all
# GeForce chips yesterday (see www.nvidia.com). Isn't there something we can do
# with this? Should I contact nVidia's PR department?

It's a nice step ahead for FreeBSD and having a PR about it would be
nice, but one thing that I would like to bring up to someone at nVidia
is to break the "FreeBSD Drivers" link on their software/driver download
page [http://nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp] out from under "For
Linux Users:".

--

Linh Pham                                         lplist@closedsrc.org