Date:      Fri, 20 Jun 1997 23:26:44 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.org>
To:        EMANUELE COSTA <e.costa@lancaster.ac.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems with 2.2.1 release

> Hi,
> 	I've just downloaded the 2.2.1 release of freebsd and I've got a
> big problem!
> 	Whenever I try to use the boot disk it happens that while
> expanding or decompressing the kernel a "bad crc error" occurs and
> consequently the system crashes, ( it needs a cold reboot!).
> 	I tried the disk on different computers and it worked fine, so I
> decided to test all the various version and what I get is:
>
> 1) 2.1.7 can boot, ( no errors)
> 2) 2.2.1 error
> 3) 2.2.2 error
[.....]

I'd try writing a 2.2.1 image on your disk 1) and a 2.1.7 image on
disk 2) to make sure that it's not a media thing.  Some floppy
drives just refuse to read stuff formatted by others - although
it's not so common these days.

--
Brian <brian@awfulhak.org>, <brian@freebsd.org>
      <http://www.awfulhak.org>;