Date:      Tue, 8 Dec 1998 09:37:03 -0000
From:      "Bond, Jeffery" <Jeff.Bond@nectech.co.uk>
To:        "'FreeBSD questions'" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "'brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu'" <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
Subject:   RE: Freebsd & kde-1.0

>> I used to think KDE was cool, but I'm slowly getting fed up with all
>> the bugs in it.
>
>> [more KDE complaints deleted]
>
>> It also seems strange that the FreeBSD community pours scorn on
>> Win95/98/NT (rightly so), and then goes and copies it's interface.
>> Very strange.
>
>Here's a clue - KDE is a COMPLETELY separate project from FreeBSD.  Heck
>it's separate from Linux too.
>
>FreeBSD does an operating system - KDE is a window manager w/ lots of
>other apps.
>
>FreeBSD's real interface is in plain ol' text.  What interface you choose
>to use on top of X is your choice.  If you don't like KDE use something
>else.

Yeah, I realise all that. I suppose my wording did suggest that the FreeBSD
project contributed to kde, I should have read it first before sending it.
The purpose of the original message was to see if anyone else has similar
problems with kde, or was it just me and my setup. With it being a 1.0
version rather than 0.xx, one would think it is a stable product ready for
serious use. Sadly, this appears to be not the case (my opinion anyhow).

Jeff