Date:      Mon, 8 Apr 2002 11:56:59 +0100
From:      Rasputin <rasputin@shikima.mine.nu>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   pcmcia/compactflash support?

Morning all

I've been loaned a PCMCIA CompactFlash adapter,
and am trying to get FreeBSD to mount it correctly.

FreeBSD shikima.mine.nu 4.5-STABLE FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE #0: Fri Apr  5 21:04:20 BST 2002     root@shikima.mine.nu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SHIKIMA  i386

It's a 128Mb CF card, and sticking into the PCMCIA slot throws a beep,
pcic dumpcis gives me screens of output, but no devices attach (that I can see).

Win95/CE sees it fine, with no additional drivers added, as some kind
of SCSI disk.

Just wondered if I needed to add anything to my kernel config to
support this?

I'd guess it should be attaching like this:

da -> scbus -> pcic  ,

so I'd have thought this would work:

rasputin@shikima rasputin$ grep da /sys/i386/conf/SHIKIMA|grep -v "^#"
options         SOFTUPDATES             #Enable FFS soft updates support
device          da              # Direct Access (disks)
device          umass           # Disks/Mass storage - Requires scbus and da
rasputin@shikima rasputin$ grep pcic /sys/i386/conf/SHIKIMA|grep -v "^#"
device          pcic0   at isa? irq 0 port 0x3e0 iomem 0xd0000
device          pcic1   at isa? irq 0 port 0x3e2 iomem 0xd4000
rasputin@shikima rasputin$ grep scbus /sys/i386/conf/SHIKIMA|grep -v "^#"
device          scbus           # SCSI bus (required)
device          umass           # Disks/Mass storage - Requires scbus and da

Do I need to explicitly wire down the pathway above, or tweak pcccard.conf?