Date:      Mon, 18 Sep 2000 22:12:23 -0500
From:      "Michael C . Wu" <keichii@iteration.net>
To:        admin <admin@kesuki.dyndns.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Is it possible for X11 to have dual mouse cursors?

On Mon, Sep 18, 2000 at 08:39:14PM -0500, admin scribbled:
| Well, I have a two-button touchpad built-in my keyboard, however under X11
| two buttons is insane.  I realize there are software workarounds including
| emulate3buttons of X11 itself, however, I chose to purchase a 3-button
| trackball, because it was a more tolerable solution.  Yet, I find myself
| trying to use the touchpad even though I know it's not connected.  So, I
| would rather connect both pointing devices and allow either to control the
| cursor.  I have scoured deja.com, the freebsd website, and the xfree86.org
| documentation, and I'm still at a loss how to get Two pointing devices
| (one serial(with PS/2 converter) one PS/2 only) to operate the same mouse
| cursor.  I've also seen PS/2 Y cables, which I assume are for laptops, not
| putting two mice on the same device.  If anyone knows of any way to get
| two pointing devices controlling the same cursor please enlighten me, and

Simply run two moused's, with each moused pointed at the respective devices.
No need to do anything else.
You can have as many pointing devices as your limbs can handle
e.g.
moused -p /dev/psm0 -t auto
moused -p /dev/ums0 -t auto
moused -p /dev/cuaa0 -t auto

start the second moused in /usr/local/etc/rc.d if you want to do it
on startup.