Date:      Thu, 25 Jul 1996 18:47:11 +0200
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.tfs.com>
To:        "John S. Dyson" <toor@dyson.iquest.net>
Cc:        michaelh@cet.co.jp (Michael Hancock), freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Union mounts and other mounts

In message <199607251559.KAA00163@dyson.iquest.net>, "John S. Dyson" writes:
>> Terry, are you out there?
>>
>> Please upload your mega patches.  I'm sure someone will take a look and
>> maybe we can at least start with getting the locks fixed.
>>
>I want to consider including Terry's stuff.  Even though I do filesystem
>hacking from time to time, I think that we need to get agreement from
>other's (on the team) on the changes.  The changes have significant
>architectural implications.
>
>At least, in certain areas, Terry is on the right track...  We need to
>get consensus on the changes.  The last batch of changes don't fix all
>of the problems, and Jeffery Hsu's stuff should be reviewed and appropriately
>included also.  I actually think that we are stagnating in this area a "little
>bit."  But again, I don't feel qualified to make wholesale changes in that
>(the VFS) section of the kernel, without agreement from others...  Anybody
>have any ideas on this impasse?

I agree.

Jeff's changes have higher priority for me than Terrys, because they
bring us closer to the codebase Kirk is hacking away on, and he has
some nice things brewing too.

whois: [PHK]                | phk@ref.tfs.com       TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
Future will arrive by its own means, progress not so.