Date:      Mon, 19 Sep 2005 10:49:06 +0200
From:      Piotr Smyrak <piotr.smyrak@heron.pl>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: drag-and-drop: FileRoller -> Evolution - no way ?

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 22:17:45 +0400, Vladimir Grebenschikov
<vova@sw.ru>  wrote:

> __ ____, 16/09/2005 __ 12:30 -0400, Joe Marcus Clarke __________:
> > On Fri, 2005-09-16 at 12:49 +0400, Vladimir Grebenschikov wrote:
> > > Hi
> > >=20
> > > Fresh gnome-2.12 here.
> > >=20
> > > I've tried with to add some PDF files from archive (opened by
> > > FileRoller) to new evolution message, it looks like do not
> > > work.
> > >=20
> > > FileRollers shows unpack progress and then nothing added to
> > > message.
> > >=20
> > > It works if I first drop files on desktop and then move it to
> > > evolution.
> > >=20
> > > Is it freebsd-specific glitch or general gnome problem ?
> >=20
> > This sounds like a generic problem with GNOME.  The DnD code is
> > fairly platform-agnostic, and there are some glitches with
> > gnome-vfs still in GNOME 2.12.  I'm not so sure anyone has
> > tried this before.  I know I haven't.  Is this something that
> > used to work in 2.10?

I was looking into it in 2.10. And it often did not work either
when dragging files out of archive to the desktop. It seemed to me
that when I hold the file long enough with the mouse, it would
always work then, but otherwise it often failed as if fileroller
action (of unpacking?) depended on the time of dragging. Maybe this
is because I got a fairly old and slow system (700 MHz CPU).

--=20
 Piotr Smyrak
 piotr.smyrak@heron.pl