Date:      Thu, 21 Jul 2005 09:13:33 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        ducrot@poupinou.org
Cc:        benlutz@datacomm.ch, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ACPI: clock stops while sleeping

In message: <20050720073353.GI2715@poupinou.org>
            Bruno Ducrot <ducrot@poupinou.org> writes:
: On Mon, Jul 18, 2005 at 05:01:42PM +0200, Benjamin Lutz wrote:
: > I've installed FreeBSD-6.0-BETA1 on my Athlon64 (in amd64 mode), and I
: > must say, the new power management features are impressive. I've noticed
: > a slight hitch though: When I send the CPU to sleep with acpiconf -s 1,
: > the clock will stop, resulting in the system time being wrong after
: > wakeup. Is there something I can do to fix this, other than run ntpdate?
: > (How to solve this without a network connection?)
:
: The pmtimer device is not yet ported to the amd64 architecture it seems.

I believe that's true.

Warner