Date:      Tue, 31 Oct 2006 10:12:39 +0100 (CET)
From:      Zbigniew Szalbot <zbyszek@szalbot.homedns.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   dns caching service

Hello,

I have followed all the instructions from
http://www.tnpi.biz/internet/dns/djbdns-freebsd.shtml
to install and run a dns caching services using djbdns.

I have the svscan process up and running.

2454  ??  S      0:00.07 svscan /var/service

And yet when I changed the /etc/resolv.conf so that the nameserver is
127.0.0.1 and not my ISP's one, I got "host lookup did not complete" from
exim. Neither could I run lynx as it did not load its default page nor any
other for that matter. I used the simplest possible host cache
configuration so that the caching service is available only to the FBSD
machine.

I am trying to find out what went wrong. For the time being I have changed
the resolv file back to the DNS server of my ISP.

Any advice as to what to troubleshoot, which logs to inspect would be
greatly appreciated. Many thanks and warm regards from cold Poland.

--
Zbigniew Szalbot