Date:      Wed, 26 Jun 1996 16:08:55 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Elijah Isaiah Hall <tiamat@csd.uwm.edu>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cyrix CPU

Hi,

I am planning to buy a new computer soon, and am considering the
Cyrix 6x86 - P166+ CPU.

I plan to run it on a Tyan Tomcat I (triton II chipset) motherboard
with 512k cache.

Also, 64meg EDO 60ns RAM.

I am concerned that it may not be compatible with FreeBSD and
want to know before making any purchases...
if anyone knows if it will work, please send me an email at
tiamat@alpha2.csd.uwm.edu

Also, could someone suggest a video card?
I'm considering the Matrox Millenium 4meg WRAM card, but
hear that it may not be compatible

I was told to get a Diamond Stealth 64 4meg VRAM or #9 Motion...

Any info is appreciated...

Elijah Hall
tiamat@alpha2.csd.uwm.edu