Date:      Sun, 4 Apr 1999 10:39:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        obrien@NUXI.com
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: show stopper for EGCS import

In article <19990403222515.A75073@nuxi.com>, David O'Brien
<obrien@NUXI.com> wrote:

> Yesterday I changed csu/i386-elf/ to build crtbegin.o and crtend.o
> from the EGCS source rather than our home-grown ones.  This
> afternoon I switch my EGCS development machine back to a purely
> stock 4.0 SNAPSHOT and found that GCC 2.7.2 cannot compile the new
> sources.

I guess if you can't find a better solution, you could always fall
back on a hack like this for crt{begin,end}.c:

    #if __GNUC__ > 2 || __GNUC__ == 2 && __GNUC_MINOR__ >= 91
    #include <egcs version of crt{begin,end}.c>
    #else
    #include <gcc version of crt{begin,end}.c>
    #endif

John
  "Self-interest is the aphrodisiac of belief."           -- James V. DeLong