Date:      Sat, 25 Dec 1999 19:19:39 -0800
From:      "Duke Normandin" <01031149@3web.net>
To:        "freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   cons25 && (midc, /stand/sysinstall, etc)

TERM=cons25
vidcontrol -b lightblue -c destructive -m on 80x25 white blue

2 problems:
a. midc & /stand/sysinstall come up in color, except the borders around
every "window" are only "chars", i.e. "garbage"

b. when I exit midc & /stand/sysinstall my screen is back to the default
white on black.

Mail archives indicated that these (and others, I suppose) apps. reset
the console but did not offer much of a solution. Would a simple shell
script that ran midc (for example) and did the vidcontrol thing as above
work? Any way _not_ to have to do this for every bloody program for every
ttyv? As for problem a. above, I have no clue. Thanks.

-duke