Date:      Tue, 9 Apr 2002 05:27:47 -0700
From:      Dale Morris <dlm@well.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   realplayer install problem

When I try to install linux-realplayer from the ports collection, it
won't install. I get the following error:

lymond# make install && make clean
 Missing }.

In past installs, I have not had this problem, all I had to do was cp
the rp8_rpm to /usr/ports/distfiles directory and type make install
clean. rpm2cpio would be installed and I'd have to type make
install_NOCHECKSUM and everything would be fine.

So, I deleted the linux-realplayer port, ran cvsupit to refresh my
ports, but it still doesn't work.

I posted to the bsd-questions list and received no reply, also the list
archives were down when I tryed to search them.

thanks
dale