Date:      Mon, 8 Jul 2002 13:47:48 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   offtopic: low level format of IDE drive.

One of my FreeBSD development boxes had a hernia last week when it lost
power while writing to disk. The drive wrote out garbage to a track.

I want to reformat the drive, (low level) but the bios doesn't have any
support to do this (In the past That is how I did this).
The machiine has 1 CD drive and no floppy..

anyone with any ideas as to how one can reformat a hard drive feel free to
lend me a clue..