Date:      Tue, 30 Oct 2001 14:06:49 +1100
From:      Rob B <rbyrnes@ozemail.com.au>
To:        "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
Cc:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Tiny starter configuration for FreeBSD

At 09:59 30/10/2001, Anthony Atkielski sent this up the stick:
>No easy way to create boot floppies with Windows NT.  And since I'd be
>installing on a completely blank machine, I'm not sure how I'd be able to FTP
>anywhere to get the rest.

There is an app in the /tools directory on one of the CD's called fdimage
that works fine, I made my boot disks under NT with it.

As for the FTP install, once you get the kernel and mfs floppies loaded,
you simply supply an ethernet connection, specify a default gateway and
select an FTP server near you ... once again, this is how I installed my
machine ... but this is pretty much redundant since you bought the CDs.

Cheers,
Rob

--
Take care of the luxuries and the necessities will take care of themselves.

[15200.8 km (8207.8 mi), 262.8 deg](Apparent) Rennerian
This is random quote 903 of a collection of 1175