Date:      Tue, 27 Mar 2007 14:21:08 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Nejc_=A9koberne?= <nejc@skoberne.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD on IBM Blade HS21

Hello,

today I tried to migrate a FreeBSD 6.1 installation from an ordinary PC
machine to an IBM Blade HS21 server. The server is a brand new machine
with two Dual Core Xeon 5130 processors, two 72GB SAS drives.

When I try to boot FreeBSD (either from USB disk with the installation
I am trying to move, either from FreeBSD 6.2 disc 1 installation CD-ROM)
the kernel doesn't load in full. It finds the USB disk, the SAS disks,
but then stops here:

Timecounters tick every 1.000 msec

and nothing happens any more. Any ideas what might be causing the halt?
If I try to press power button, I get the message that the ACPI command
was ignored, or something (I guess this is because kernel didn't load
completely).

Any ideas what I might try?

Oh, when I try to boot from CD-ROM, I get one more line, but I don't
know exactly, it is something about md0 is initialised or something. And
then it stops again.

I really need to get this working or some people will be very angry.
I thought FreeBSD must run on "so popular" IBM blades, right?

Thanks for your help.