Date:      Fri, 2 May 2014 08:45:34 +0100 (BST)
From:      Anton Shterenlikht <mexas@bris.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/189163: X: [dix] Could not init font path element /usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/*

Hi guys

I haven't got any useful replies from questions@.
Perhaps my problem is specific to sparc64.

I think this is a case of Xorg regression:

[dix] Could not init font path element /usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/misc/, removing from list!

and so on.

X cannot find any of the fonts, even though
they are all installed in the right place
with the right permissions. I've run mkfontdir,
mkfontscale fc-cache, but that doesn't help at all.

I'm using packages built in poudriere with
default settings. This means that this is
a new xorg now, right. Could this be the problem.

Does nobody else on this list have this problem?

I've found some old, c2011, forum threads
with seemingly the same problem, e.g.:

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-858393-start-0.html

The problem seems to have been to do with
broken libXfont. Could this be the core
of the problem here too?

Thanks

Anton