Date:      Tue, 24 Jan 2012 16:24:45 +0000
From:      Dr Josef Karthauser <joe@tao.org.uk>
To:        James Lawrie <jlawrie@bytemark.co.uk>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hubs <hubs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Bytemark Mirror

On 24 Jan 2012, at 15:10, James Lawrie wrote:

> Hi,
>=20
> I've emailed mirror-admin about this as well but I'm not sure if that =
was the right place.
>=20
> We're getting a connection refused error from our mirror =
(212.110.161.69) to ftp.uk.freebsd.org. This has persisted for almost a =
week, has something changed or should we be using a different master =
mirror now?
>=20
> rsync: failed to connect to ftp.uk.freebsd.org: Connection refused =
(111)
> rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(122) =
[Receiver=3D3.0.7]
>=20

Hi James,

The UK FTP servers are currently in flux. Our main mirror has just been =
retired after 14 years of service. We're investigating how quickly we =
can get it replaced, so please bear with us during this transition.

Thanks,
Joe