Date:      Mon, 29 Jan 2001 13:27:23 -0800
From:      "matthew zeier" <matthew@velvet.org>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Install FreeBSD via PXE

The handbook talks about "Diskless Operation"
(http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/diskless.html) using
netboot.com/netboot.rom.

I want to do something similiar with PXE.  Anyone have a how-to guide?  I
came across pxe-freebsd.txt but looks like I'm booting Linux first and then
FreeBSD.  The 4.1 Release notes talk about PXE support.

We're trying to do headless installations of Solaris x86 which doesn't
currently support PXE installs.  I'm hoping to boot FreeBSD through PXE,
mount a root fs from some host (right now a Solaris host) and unroll tar
balls into the partitions that Solaris should be in.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks.

--
matthew zeier -  "There ain't no rules around here. We're trying to
accomplish something." - Thomas Edison