Date:      Tue, 25 Apr 2000 00:49:49 -0400
From:      David Heller <dheller1@rochester.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Natd doesn't work after upgrade to 4.0 stable

Dan O'Connor wrote:

> > It's not natd daemon it's my firewall it's somehow blocking  the
> >connection to the outside. It does not seem to be affecting the gateway
> >itself though. Sorry about the lame questions but I have RTFM. Anyway it
> >appears the firewall rules (rc.firewall) are different in 4.0 Please
> >find enclosed my "rules" maybe someone can point out the offending line"
> >I'm using the "simple" firewall.
>
> Try commenting out these lines:
>
>  # Stop RFC1918 nets on the outside interface
>  ${fwcmd} add deny all from 10.0.0.0/8 to any via ${oif}
>  ${fwcmd} add deny all from any to 10.0.0.0/8 via ${oif}
>
> --Dan
>
> --
> Dan O'Connor
> On Matters of Most Grave Concern
> http://www.mostgraveconcern.com

I did. Funny with 3.4 I did not have any problems though I no longer
have the original rc.firewall file to compare. Since I wiped it out with
mergremaster when I upgraded to 4.0 so I can't be sure or not if I had
those lines commented out or not. Any way that seemed to take care of
the problem. It's funny you struggle with a problem and ask for help and
end up working it out with just a couple suggestions and the answer ends
up being something really simple.

Thanks everyone for the help and suggestions,

Dave