Date:      Sun, 5 Apr 2020 19:05:45 +0200
From:      Tomasz CEDRO <tomek@cedro.info>
To:        Ruslan Garipov <ruslanngaripov@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: /usr/src/release/release.sh -> ports -> fetch pkg -> Bad system call (core dumped)

On Sun, Apr 5, 2020 at 4:59 PM Ruslan Garipov wrote:
> I'm sorry, I forgot to ask how do you call /usr/src/release/release.sh?
> Do you pass a configuration file to this script?
>
> By default /usr/src/release/release.sh checks out the source tree for
> the CURRENT branch (svn://svn.FreeBSD.org/base/head@rHEAD).  In this
> case (if you doesn't change it) chrooted environment definitely will
> fail to run on STABLE and/or RELEASE.
>
> May be it's easy for you to use `make release` directly.

Case solved! =)

I wrongly assumed that release will simply update this svn repo that I
am working on.. but it fetches HEAD.. so I was trying to build
13/HEAD/CURRENT on 12/STABLE/RELEASE that have different ABI thus bad
syscall.. and I need CURRENT to build CURRENT, right? :-)

I will provide a release.conf, make.conf, src.conf and maybe KERNCONF
if I need something beyond GENERIC. For now I just need to work with
12-STABLE. Good hint! :-)

Thank you Ruslan!! :-)

Tomek

ps/2: Can I provide a patch that will print out what actually is being
fetched by release.sh? That could save some time for first time users
:-)