Date:      Fri, 18 Nov 2005 14:20:45 -0800
From:      Sean McNeil <sean@mcneil.com>
To:        "Georg-W. Koltermann" <gwk@rahn-koltermann.de>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [SOLVED] Eclipse 3.1.1 on FreeBSD 6.0: weird window sizes, empty dialog

On Fri, 2005-11-18 at 23:03 +0100, Georg-W. Koltermann wrote:
> Am Freitag, den 18.11.2005, 07:50 -0800 schrieb Sean McNeil:
> > > The resulting Eclipse does work, but some status windows come up much too large.
> > > E.g. the progress bar during Eclipse startup is about 1000x800, maybe, when it
> > > should only be rather narrow, say 600x200.  There seems to be a general problem;
> > > the dialog for filtering build problems is also rather large ==>*and completely empty*.  That's true, the dialog is empty and I cannot enter anything :-(
> > >

> I solved it by reverting the port back to the version dated 11/05 06:00
> (cvs update -D), i.e. before the cairo 1.0 patches.  So it must have
> something to do with cairo.  Specifying WITHOUT_CAIRO doesn't seem
> sufficient.

It could be that you did not use the update script to move to gnome
2.12.  I am using eclipse + jdk15 + gnome 2.12 on amd64 6-stable and I
do not have the problem you describe.  You compiled eclipse with

make WITHOUT_CAIRO=y

or did you place it in /etc/make.conf?  I built with the command line.

Note there are patches to eclipse for compiling on i386 with the latest
cairo, but (IMHO) they are wrong.  They are incomplete and provide a
broken interface, so it is useless.

Cheers,
Sean